Benefits of working at Chelmsford College
Why work for us? We offer our staff the following:
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 50 days for academic staff
- Special Leave provisions
- Work From Home:
- Academic: 20 days per year
- Business Support: Agreed with line manager
- Recognised trade unions
- Positive about disabled staff employees
- Cafes and restaurants: our sites include coffee shops, refectories and a commercial restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent access to the College by public transport
- Staff Recognition Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Free car parking on both sites
- Opportunities for business support staff to buy additional annual leave
- Subsidised Cafes and restaurants: our sites include coffee shops, refectories and a commercial restaurant.
- Monthly staff voice meetings
- Mindful employer
- Free use of on-site gym
- Free annual eye tests for eligible staff
- AOC Mental Health Charter
- Access to 24-hour confidential advice and helpline
- Occupational health support
- Annual Wellfest
- Annual Health & Wellbeing week
- Extensive programme of wellbeing activities
- Competitive salary
- Free teacher training
- Pension schemes with the LGPS and with the Teachers Pension Scheme. Employer contribution rate of 21.1% and 23.6% respectively.
- Staff discounts with local retailers
- Staff discount at the on-site nursery
- Discounts on hair appointments/treatments in our on-site hair and beauty salon - The Princes Salon
Professional Development Benefits
- Excellent professional development opportunities - including 10 professional development days each year
- Back to Floor Days 1.5 days per year
- Free membership to on-site library/learning centres
"The Further Education sector can be a difficult area to work, with some colleges far better than others. For my next move I ensured that I researched fully what was available to me and that lead me to apply to Chelmsford College directly."
"This is because it has a Good reputation in general, has direction as a college and knows where it is heading. Also, workmates elsewhere had recommended it for a good general team atmosphere and working for a good Director and Curriculum Manager."
"Joining Chelmsford College for me is all about trying to improve the learner experience within the sector. Working as a FE engineering lecturer since 2004 has given me a unique set of experiences to invest into this management role and pass on these positive experiences. After completing my Masters in Education in 2018, I wanted a new challenge and my new role as Program Area Manager in Mechanical Engineering has given me the opportunity to achieve this personal aspiration."