Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
Is this course for me?
This is a 1 year introduction to the construction industry, with three essential core units (health and safety, communication and building technology) and then specialist Carpentry & Joinery units to give you the skills to do the job. This course is an introduction only and progression is essential to gain semi-skilled and skilled status.
The units studies are:-
- Construction health and safety
- The construction industry
- Environmental awareness and sustainability in construction
- Handle, move and store resources
- Erect, and dismantle access equipment or working platforms
- Personal well being in construction
- Construction principles
- Skills for carpentry and joinery
- Further skills for carpentry and joinery
Progression and Employment Opportunities
Career opportunities may include employment in the construction industry.
Progression to further study could include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry full time.
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry part time (must be employed as a carpenter/joiner).
- Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery part time (must be employed as a carpenter/joiner).
Additional Qualifications Studied
Maths and English - Take it Seriously!
At Chelmsford College we are dedicated to helping all our learners achieve their ambitions and we acknowledge that in order to do well, some of our learners may need extra support in maths and/or English.
We provide specialist teaching as a compulsory part of the study programme for all learners who have not achieved a grade 4 at GCSE in these subjects and we all take maths and English seriously.
Full-Time Courses in Construction
|BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment||1 year|
|Construction Multi Skills||1 year|
|Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying||1 year|
|Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery||1 year|
|Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating||1 year|
|Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing Studies||1 year|
|Level 2 Diploma in Construction - Bricklaying||1 year|
|Level 2 Diploma in Construction - Site Carpentry||1 year|
|Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating||1 year|
|Level 3 Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment||2 years|
|T Level in Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction||2 years|
Part-Time Courses in Construction
|HNC Civil Engineering (CIOB/ICE accredited)||2 Years|
|HNC Construction & Built Environment (CIOB/ICE accredited)||2 Years|
|Level 2 Architectural Joinery||1 year|
|Level 3 Diploma Construction and the Built Environment||2 Years|
|Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry||1 Year|
Apprenticeships in Construction
|Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 | 344||12-24 months|